070: Fresh Prince of Mort-Air
Tonight we are sponsored by:
Use the codes above to directly help support the show!
Our Weeks in the Arena
Joe: ~4500 now
- Have not really played ladder this season
- Leveling up Fireball – Mega minion and loon
- Using tokens whenever i can!
- CLAN REACHED LEGENDARY CLAN WARS
Rob: ~4500 this season
- Played ladder to get back to Challenger 3
- Got Log from season end chest
- Got my first Legendary Trade token
- Obviously traded for a Log (5/10)
- Bought the Barbarian Emotes (Aaaarrgghh!!!)
- Cast Royale 2 Fantasy Football
- PSA: We are off 9/30 (no episode). Episode 71 available 10/14
- Goblin Giant Draft Challenge
- Tokens, Rares, and 20 Gob Giants if you won!
- Goblin Giant Practice Challenge
- No wins. Just 20 Crowns. 100 Gem grand prize
- Good mix of collection game modes now
- Double Elixir Draft
- Triple Elixir
- 2v2 Draft
- 2v2 Rage
- Impressions on the update
- Tokens max
- 2v2 now defaults to show cards
- Ally’s cards no longer block the king HP
- Sort cards by level
- Crazy offers from the shop
- New Clash Royale Notifications
The Meta Check is brought us by our boy Sir Devon (LloydChristmas)!! Let’s look at the risers and fallers of the meta over the past two weeks:
- Got Cart? The Cannon doesn’t!
- Royal Ghost
- Hog Rider and crew
- Clashly Feud!
To see the stats behind this week’s Meta Check click here.
Chests opened round robin style – First Crown Chests, then the Big Dogs!
- Rob – Crown, 4 Big Dogs
- Joe – Crown, 2 Big Dogs
Fresh Prince of Mort-Air (3.1 AEC)
Cards: Prince, Mortar, Spear Goblins, Goblin Gang, Miner, Fireball, Bats, and Log
Decksplanation: This deck is the most annoying deck that your opponent will have ever faced. With log/spell bait potential in most cards, they will struggle with what to use, and when – and on what!
If they use a zap for the bats, they won’t have it for spear gobs, gob gang, prince, etc. The key with this deck is to space troops out so that your opponent doesn’t get spell value. If done correctly, they will struggle with defending / killing your cards. Mortar should be played like a normal mortar – play and protect. Prince should be played on defense, and then go on the offensive counter push. The chip potential with this deck comes in the form of the miner. If ANY small troops (i.e., bats, gobs or spear gobs), don’t get killed – be sure to use the miner on the tower so that they either 1) take crazy tower damage for little cost, or 2) are forced to use a troop or spell they didn’t want to in order to save themselves from taking that damage. Either option they take is a win-win for you.
Prince is the only true tank in the deck – and with his increased HP last balance changes, he serves that purpose very well. Be sure to use your spells for two reasons: 1) protect the mortar/allow it to lock onto the tower or 2) facilitate the offensive prince push (after he’s done defending) to ensure he gets to the tower. Bait the spell, capitalize, annoy, and dominate your opponent with this deck. Focus on troop timing, placement, and spacing for the fullest potential of the deck to come out. Boom!
A huge shout out to this week’s newest patron!!!
Mitchell J. (PayPal donation)
To learn more about all the ways you can support us, click here or the Support The Show image above.
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
Join our discussion on Discord
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell’s Fan Content Policy: www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.