Episode 044 - The Loblin
This week’s episode is brought to you by Amazon!
Use the affiliate link below or click here to do your regular shopping on Amazon like you normally would. Once you make your purchase, a portion of your payment to Amazon will help support the show. You can directly support what we do just by doing your everyday shopping, at no extra cost!
- Our weeks in the arena!
- Joe hit rank 9500 in the world!!
- Rob is sitting at 4400 trophies
- Maxed out MORTAR!
- Inferno Dragon from Season Draft Chest
- 2v2 is coming back!
- Triple Elixir Challenge
- Crown Championship Challenge (Fall CCGS Qualifiers)
- Rob: 9 wins
- Joe: 17 wins (at the time of recording – he has since hit 20!!)
- roBøt!!! – 50 Kings #2CVY0099
- Vacation!! (We said we’d be back in your feed on the 10th but neither of us know how to read a calendar. WE’LL BE BACK ON 9/17)
8/11 Balance Changes
- Night Witch: Damage -9%, range -11%, Bat spawn speed to 7sec (from 6sec), spawns 2 Bats on death (from 3)
- Battle Ram: Takes a bit longer to begin charging, Barbarians spawn slower
- Graveyard: Duration to 9sec (from 10sec), spawns 15 Skeletons (from 17)
- Electro Wizard: Hitpoints -2%
- Heal: Duration to 2.5sec (from 3sec)
- Mini P.E.K.K.A: Damage +4.6%
- X-Bow: Deploy time to 3.5sec (from 4sec)
- Mortar: Deploy time to 3.5sec (from 4sec)
- Dark Prince: Damage +6%, hit speed to 1.4sec (from 1.5sec)
- Ice Wizard: Damage +10%, hit speed to 1.7sec (from 1.5sec)
- Bats: Bat count to 5 (from 4)
We both give an A+ BOOM to this set of balance changes!
Rob and Joe discuss the current meta, brought to us by Lloyd Christmas!
- The Night Witch, is no more!! From the most used card in the game, to not used at the top.
- The Goblins are making their way back up the rankings! Larry (Rip) is gone, and so the pros have started to use the goblins as a replacement.
- Biggest up-tick in use rates since the changes were released
- Mini Pekka
- Ice Wizard
- Top 5 win condition cards:
- Night Witch
- Goblin Barrel
To see the stats behind this week’s Meta Check click here.
The Loblin (3.3 AEC)
Cards: Princess, Log, Rocket, Knight, Goblin Barrel, Goblin Gang, Inferno Tower, Ice Spirit
Decksplanation: This deck is super good in the current meta, and it’s the deck that allowed Joe to get to the 17 wins in CCGS. This is an easy deck to start to play, but a very hard deck to master. Throwing a goblin barrel is easy to just throw at a tower; however, learning when to do it and how to throw it, it hard.
This deck is full of squishy troops, and only has one tank in the deck, in the Knight. This is the cheapest tank int he game that can attack back. The benefit of having the knight, over the ice golem, is that you get more defense, and offensive capabilities. This deck requires you to ANNOY your opponent until no end. If you bait their log, or arrows, etc. with your goblin barrel, it will be hard for them to counter your other troops (like the princess, or goblin gang). Use your ice spirit to cycle, or to allow your knight or goblin gang to get additional hits on defensive.
Be sure to split your troops up – if they all get killed to one spell, you will lose the game very simply. Split up troops – and you have the best chance of winning. If you split up your troops, it splits up your opponents pushes, and it allows you to more easily defend their attacks (and makes their attacks less effective). Inferno tower should be used to kill tanks in tricky situations – it’s your life saver. Use the rocket to punish you’re opponent, and to cycle damage at the end for a finisher.
Dear Rob and Joe, I am writing this review because your podcast is purely amazing! I love each segment and the time and effort you guys put into the entire episode! I enjoy when not only I laugh at a joke or comment you guys say but I love when you guys laugh at each other’s jokes or comments in a way that really emphasizes your unbreakable brotherly love.(By the way you don’t have to read this part out loud if you happen to read this on the podcast) If you ever get a chance to I would love for you guys to feature a deck similar to the furnace challenge deck! It includes the pekka, battle ram, ice wizard, log, minions, baby dragon, ice spirit, and zap. It got me into hog mountain! Anyway I would finally like to say that every episode you release I watch and I really REALLY!! Enjoy your podcast and I think you two are great guys.
Really helpful, yet entertaining. Love these guys – Derpwhalz, United States
Been listening for about a month now and I love everything these guys say. They have massively improved my gameplay, and keep me informed on all the stuff i normally wouldn’t have really noticed otherwise. I want to be good at the game, and you got me there. Thank you so much! Poor larry. In case you’re wondering, im in frozen peak and my deck consists of ice wiz, inferno dragon, zap, skeleton army, freeze, balloon, wizard, and minions. Dftba guys, and never stop!
Let me state that you guys are amazing!!! I love the fact that you guys are so helpful in describing the decks and strategies you use. I love the mortar mauler deck myself being a casual player knowing there are others like me who love this game makes me wanna say……BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!💣💣💣💣
Rob and Joe love the game and you can actually contact them on Discord, on Twitter, on email, and other than email they will always reply (unless it’s an email) and they have a great passion for the game. I have contacted both of them through DMs on Discord, and Rob is a bit busier and they both are their own HODGEPODGE OF EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! BOOM!! Awesome Mobs Gaming Canada
The best clash Royale podcast on iTunes been listening for awhile now love everything they are doin good job guys!
It’s a rare thing to find a podcast as good as this
A huge shout out to this week’s newest patrons!!!
To learn more about all the ways you can support us, click here or the Support The Show image above.
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
Join our discussion on Discord
Check out our YouTube Channel
Take our Deck Spotlight Survey
Find us on Plexchat using H4F14
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell’s Fan Content Policy: www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.