Episode 024 - The Boom Deck
This week on the show:
- Our week in the arena!
News & Clan Updates
- Patron Skype Call
- Joe’s Honeymoon
- Graveyard impressions (now that we’ve faced it)
11/1 Balance Changes
- Ice Spirit: Freeze duration decreased to 1.5sec (from 2sec)
- Ice Golem: Death Damage increased by 74%
- Rage: Effect increased to 35% (from 30%)
- Lumberjack: Rage effect increased to 35% (from 30%)
- Inferno Tower: Hitpoints decreased by 6%
- SPECIAL EVENT CHALLENGES
- Introducing the first special event challenge: King’s Cup!
- King’s Cup is a limited time challenge with special rules
- Enter each battle with a fresh deck we’ve created for you
- Your first King’s Cup challenge is free to enter (starts Nov 4)
- FOUR NEW CARDS
- Tornado available on Nov 11
- One new card will be released every two weeks!
- During a Friendly Battle, both players’ cards are leveled up (or down) to the “Tournament Rules” for an even playing field
- Muting your opponent’s emotes will now fully mute them
- Unlock three new achievements
- Request cards from your Clan every 7h (from 8h)
- Clan Trophy requirements can be set to 4000
Deck Spotlight (00:38:20)
The Boom Deck (3.3 AEC)
Cards: Minions, Mega Minion, Musketeer, Fireball, Zap, Miner, SKARMY, Hog Rider
Decksplanation: WARNING** High skill-cap deck that is meant to chip away at the towers over time. This deck doesn’t necessarily have a specific cycle as it can be different every single game. Mega Minion, Musketeer, and Minions are used for defense. Miner is used for distracting and tanking especially when dealing with counters such as Valkyrie or Wizard. Use this in conjunction with Musketeer to overcome cards that counter your deck. Miner & SKARMY combo on a tower is strictly saved for a final tower finisher. Hog rider & Fireball (or Zap) are used together when going after a tower but make sure the spells are strategically placed so if your opponent throws down troops, they are also damaged.
ItsJimmyBoy (3.6 AEC)
Cards: Fireball, Archers, Spear Goblins, Barbarians, Knight, Hog Rider, Tombstone, Wizard
Decksplanation: At 10 elixir, start with a Tombstone in the middle of your two archer towers. If you don’t have a Tombstone up front, defend and cycle to get it. Once back at 10, drop your Knight and Archers on one side of the arena. Once your opponent is defending the first push you can begin your second push in the other lane. The second lane should receive the Hog Rider followed up with Spear Goblins. Your Barbarians and Wizard are strictly used to defend as they take care of pretty much every card in the game.
Mutqu – BOOM (5 Stars)
This podcast is seriously awesome. I recommend this to anyone who plays whether casually or competitively. Very informative and helps my gameplay so much. Thanks for doing this podcast, guys. I love it.
CameronSolu – BOOM! (5 Stars)
Joe and Rob produce hands-down the best podcast in the Clash Royale scene. They’re funny, informative and family friendly, coming at you every week with educated tips and tricks on how to claw your way up the Clash Royale ranks. Been listening since day one and don’t ever plan on stopping! On top of the cast, they foster the best in-game community as well. I’m a member of Cast Royale 2 and have only gotten better with my strategies because of it. Keep up the good work, guys! BOOM!
A very special thank you goes out to our news patrons!!!!! BOOM!!
Learn more about supporting us | http://www.castroyalepodcast.com/patreon
If you would like to help sponsor or contribute towards a Cast Royale Tourney please use the PayPal button below.
Join our discussion on DISCORD: www.castroyalepodcast.com/discord password: legendary
Help tailor the show by taking our Community Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WRJGG9P
Support our Patreon | http://patreon.com/castroyalepodcast
Please consider leaving us a review on iTunes.
Credit: Cover art image is owned by Supercell under their copyright.