071: PEKKA's Playpen
Tonight we are sponsored by:
Thank you to all of our wonderful backers on Patreon who continue to support us every month and help keep this crazy train rolling! Without you, we would not be able to do what we do and for that we are truly grateful.
To learn how you can become a Patron, go to http://www.castroyalepodcast.com/patreon
Our Weeks in the Arena!
Joe: ~4900 now
- Been playing ladder a BUNCH
- Pompeyos balloon cycle deck
- Watched a ton of CRL recently
Rob: ~4600 this season
- Made it to Master 1 again!
- New PB of 4999
- Bought the Hog emotes
- Got eWiz from Season End Chest
- Night Witch from a War Chest
- Clash Trading Card?!
- Gold Rush (10k gold)
- Special boosts from the shop (1 was free!/300 Victory Gold)
- Arena Challenge!
- New Wizard Emotes!
- New LARRY EMOTES!!!!
- 10/1 Balance Changes (27:11)
- We list all the balance changes and tell you our top and bottom 2!
- Royal Giant: Range shorter 6.5 -> 5.0, Damage +60%, Deploy Time quicker 2sec -> 1sec
- Goblin Giant: Hitpoints +6%
- Bomb Tower: Area Damage +5%
- Goblin Hut: Spawn Speed quicker 5sec -> 4.7sec
- Skeleton Army: Skeleton Count increased 14 -> 15
- Barbarian Barrel: Barrel rolls faster, Barbarian jumps out quicker
- Snowball: Slowdown Duration longer 2sec -> 2.5sec, Area Damage +10%
- Ice Wizard: Slowdown Duration longer 2sec -> 2.5sec
The Meta Check is brought us by our boy Sir Devon (LloydChristmas)!! Let’s look at the risers and fallers of the meta over the past two weeks:
- Barbarian Barrel
- Royal Giant
- Goblin Gang
Clashly Feud Finale?
To see the stats behind this week’s Meta Check click here.
Chests opened round robin style – Crown chests then the Big Dogs!
- Rob – Crown & 3 Big Dogs
- Joe – Crown & 2 Big Dogs
PEKKA’s Playpen (3.8 AEC)
Cards: PEKKA, Skeletons, Barbarian Barrel, Balloon, Witch, Zap, Baby Dragon, Fireball
Decksplanation: This deck is the ultimate defensive powerhouse. The goal with this deck is to play defensively, with the witch or the baby dragon to prevent damage. You can also use the skeletons to distract oncoming threats. PEKKA should be used rarely before double elixir – unless she is your only good option to kill their offensive threats.
PEKKA should only be used behind the king tower after you know your opponents win condition, and after it’s been played. PEKKA can be played at the bridge, but only when going on the offensive counter push, after the witch/baby dragon has properly defended. Once PEKKA is crossing the bridge, be ready to either zap, barrel, or fireball your opponents defensive troops to assist the PEKKA in getting to the tower.
Balloon should really only be used during the double elixir phase of game. It cannot be played alone at the bridge, and if you use it too early, it probably means that you are using the deck TOO offensively, which it’s not meant to do. Loon should be played right behind the PEKKA crossing the bridge, so that the PEKKA gains aggro on the tower, and other threats. The balloon is your surprise card, and the deck’s icing on the cake. Use it sparingly – and at opportune moments.
Defend, Control, Counter, Win. That’s all you need to succeed with the deck. Good luck – Boom!
A huge shout out to this week’s newest patrons!!!
To learn more about all the ways you can support us, click here or the Support The Show image above.
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
Join our discussion on Discord
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell’s Fan Content Policy: www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.