062: David & Goliath
Tonight we are sponsored by:
Go to audible.com/cast or text CASTto 500-500and start your 30-day FREE trial plus get your first audiobook FREE. Promo Code: CAST
Go to forhims.com/cr to get a trial month of HIMS & The Complete Hair Loss Kit for just $5 right now while supplies last. See website for full details.
Use the codes above to directly help support the show!
Our Weeks in the Arena
- Been using the Mortar Mauler!
- XBOW LEVEL 7!!!
- The Ice Golem
- 247 Clan War Trophies
- Finished the season at 4682
- So far away from lvl 10 Rocket
- Clan Trophies 216 but we are poised to win our 2nd War!
- Clash Royale League
- Optional Game Update
- Battery Improvements
- Sped up animation for gold counts
- Removed visible trophy counts
- Added est matchmaking times when looking for battle
- Fixed war leaderboard crash
- Radio Royale
- So… We use our our own card levels eh?
- Only 3 games on Collection Day?
- Why’d it take so long?
- Balance Change impressions
- Clan Wars Participation
Rob and Joe discuss the current Meta, brought to us by our boy Lloyd Christmas (Devon):
- Goblin Gang
- Minion Horde
- Spear Goblins
- Electro Wizard
To see the stats behind this week’s Meta Check click here.
5 Chests opened round robin style – Crown chests then the big guns collected since last episode!
- Rob – Crown Chest & 2 Big Dogs
- Joe – 2 Big Dogs
David & Goliath (3.4 AEC)
Cards: Giant, Miner, Mega Minion, Hunter, Lumberjack, Fireball, Zap, and Log
Decksplanation: This deck is a savage Giant beatdown style deck. But, it’s not the average beatdown since there is no pump. At 3.4 this deck allows you to cycle fast, but pack a HUGE punch. Meet David: the Miner, and Goliath: the Giant. They are a fantastic duo, offering both chip damage, beatdown play, and control.
This deck plays one of two ways:
- Play the deck defensively using the Hunter, Mega Minion or Lumberjack as needed to most effectively and efficiently counter your opponents offensive push. Lumberjack should be used sparingly, as it’s better used behind the Giant (after its played). Once you effectively defend, you can counter push hard with a Giant in front of the push at the bridge. Be sure to use whatever Spell you need to clear the Giant’s path as needed (you have 3). If no Spell is required, that’s when you’ll either use Miner for targeted damage, or the Lumberjack for destruction.
- Slow play with Miner chip. This method is harder to play because the game will be longer, and you don’t have too many offensive threats without the Giant. But, with Miner + Spell you can get some pretty effective chip in before Double Elixir time. Once Double Elixir time comes, you switch to Giant pushes at the bridge.
Use both David & Goliath together – as the duo does amazing things when played as the dynamic two they are meant to be!
None this week 🙁
To learn more about all the ways you can support us, click here or the Support The Show image above.
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
Join our discussion on Discord
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell’s Fan Content Policy: www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.