055: Podcaster Challenge
Tonight we are sponsored by:
Go to www.seatgeek.com and enter the promo code CAST to get $20 OFF your first SeatGeek purchase.
Go to www.blueapron.com/royale and click on the REDEEM OFFER button to get $30 OFF your first order.
Use the codes above to directly help support the show!
Our Weeks in the Arena
- Been playing the Mortar Mauler
- The ladder rollercoaster is a struggle
- Dropped Skeletons for Bats
- Bats are level 11 but can get to 12 waiting on gold
- Working on maxing Archers
- Gold Rush
- YouTuber Challenge
- Balance Changes 1/24
- Royal Ghost: Damage -6%; Invisibility delay 0.7sec → 1.2 sec; Hit Speed 1.7sec → 1.8sec
- Zappies: Targets Ground and Air
- Hunter: Range 5 → 4; Bullet spread slightly smaller (projectile range remains at 6.5)
- Night Witch: Initial Bats spawn quicker
- Bats: Hit Speed 1sec → 1.1sec
- Lava Hound: Hitpoints +5%
- Goblin Hut: Spawn Speed 4.9sec → 5sec (one less spawn in total)
- Mini P.E.K.K.A: Hitpoints +7%
- Lumberjack: Hitpoints +7%
- Mortar: Minimum Range 4.5 → 3.5
Rob and Joe discuss the current Meta, brought to us by our boy Lloyd Christmas (Devon):
- Royale Ghost use rates at the top are down but it ain’t over.
- Prince and Dark Prince usage is steadily on the incline.
- Skeleton Barrel has enjoyed a solid first couple of weeks but the Goblin Barrel wasn’t far behind.
- Miner actually tied the temporary meta dominating troop.
- Poison’s usage rate is higher than Rocket, Fireball, AND Lightning COMBINED.
To see the stats behind this week’s Meta Check click here.
We open chests round robin style, starting with the least rare, then moving to “The big dogs”!
- Rob – Crown, Clan, 3 big dogs
- Joe – Crown, Clan, 2 big dogs
Cast Royale’s Deck (3.1 AEC)
Cards: Prince, Hunter, Zap, Miner, Ice Golem, Bats, Poison, and Skeleton Barrel.
Decksplanation: This deck is a cycle POWERHOUSE! And – it’s the deck we would have submitted to a content creator challenge if we could have! Maybe one day 🙂
The deck is a prince spell bait deck, with the added benefit of a miner for annoying your opponent and constant chip damage, and the hunter for strong defense. Main push – skeleton barrel at the bridge followed by the Ice Golem. Prince is great for defense but presents insane counterpush potential. Bait out your opponent’s spell with your bait pushes – and then capitalize on that with your prince! When your hunter goes on the counter push, be sure to supplement that with a miner zap/poison combo.
Play the deck quick to keep pressure on your opponent and play slow only when facing golem decks. Enjoy Cast Royale’s Deck. BOOM!!
Awesome podcast by Giga Moose, United States
Hi rob hi Joe it’s gigs moose from the discord what a great community you guys have created love u guys great podcast!!!! BOOM!!!???
Great deck ideas by Syringeman, United States
I always liked playing mortar but after hearing about your mortar mauler I gave it a try. I changed skeletons with bats but other than that it’s the same got me over my 4100 trophy mark and I’m loving it.
Best Podcast by dwhatley31, United States
Rob and Joe are the hosts of my favorite podcast. Every other week they provide me with data on any new updates, bug fixes and more, reveal an astounding deck spotlight for fans to try, and a complete Meta Check with the best data on what cards have been prevelent in the Meta over the past two weeks. And to top it all off, they Boom everything. When I finish the podcast, I almost start crying because I have to wait another 2 weeks for the next hodgepodge of everything. 🙁 But it is worth the wait. I am only in Arena 9, but even down there your information is useful. Keep the amazing podcasts coming!!! P.S I have an awesome deck that has boosted em from Arena 6-Arena 9. It includes Lava Hound, Baby Dragon, Mirror, E-Wiz, Goblin Barrel, Skarmy, Minion Horde, and the Arrows. The way you play this deck is to place the Lava Hound in the back at the start. Then, right before it reaches the bridge, you should have enough elixir for a Baby Dragon Mirror Combo. If the opponent throws down an inferno tower or an inferno Dragon, do one Baby Dragon and the Electro Wiz. You have the Skarmy and the Minion horde for defense and the arrows to take down a minion horde or minions if you have to. This deck is all about timing. Id you miss the E-wiz drop on an inferno tower/dragon, you may have lost the game.
Can’t join clans by 18904ksj, United States
I can’t join any of the clans! Will you make an official 3rd clan?
A huge shout out to this week’s newest patron!!!
Cyrus Krapf-Altomare BOOOOOOOOOOM <3
To learn more about all the ways you can support us, click here or the Support The Show image above.
Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
Join our discussion on Discord
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel
Take our Deck Spotlight Survey
This content is not affiliated with, endorsed, sponsored, or specifically approved by Supercell and Supercell is not responsible for it. For more information see Supercell’s Fan Content Policy: www.supercell.com/fan-content-policy.